Hessa > Products > Turmeric Powder
One of the most frequently used ingredients in Indian cooking, Hessa Turmeric powder is a blend of pure quality, lively color, and fresh aroma. It is a powerful spice with remarkable uses, benefits and it's known for its antioxidant content and ability to work as an anti- inflammatory agent.
Uses of Turmeric powder:
Benefits of Turmeric powder:
- Almost all Indian dishes and kitchen preparations make use of turmeric. It has also been used as a vegetable or salad dressing, giving them that extra yellow-orange tint and appearance.
- Turmeric powder has almost no calories and zero cholesterol. It may be the most effective 100% naturally occurring nutritional supplement in existence.
Safety profile of Turmeric powder
- Research has shown that curcumin in turmeric inhibits cancer growth, development and spread at the molecular level.
- It is a great antiseptic substance. It is used for burns, bruises etc.
- Turmeric root is used as skin care product by Indian women.
- For mouth ulcers, turmeric powder is used. You should add a teaspoon of turmeric powder in the boiled milk and take for a couple of days before going to bed. Mouth ulcers will vanish.
- It has the capacity to cure acute cold and cough. The turmeric powder is added to boiled water to make a paste and applied to the forehead to cure cold and cough.
- Turmeric protects against certain liver diseases as it is a natural way to detoxify your liver.
- Turmeric controls the development of Type 2 Diabetes. Turmeric lessens insulin resistance and prevents type 2 diabetes; hence its regular consumption in food will be beneficial even for people who are not pre-diabetic.
- As curcumin is a potent anti-inflammatory, it helps with arthritic inflammatory pain.
- Curcumin helps in weight loss and decreases the occurrence of obesity-related diseases.
- Turmeric delays aging, Free radicals cause oxidative damage to DNA and proteins and are associated with a variety of chronic diseases. Curcumin helps curb these conditions.
Turmeric powder is safe with no side effects when consumed optimally.
Handling Turmeric powder
- Turmeric powder should be kept in a cool, dry place and away from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Exposure to heat will dissipate its aromatic oils and essences.
- Sunlight will cause the turmeric to lose its color.
- Extreme humidity will cause the powder to solidify.
- Turmeric powder should be kept in air-tight containers as prolonged exposure to the air would dissipate its aroma and flavor